Wednesday, October 3, 2012

On Solid Rock

 This rock is bedrock - solid rock down for at least 60' (depth of the lake) or perhaps even a few kilometers.  I tried to find out the thickness of the bedrock in the area but Google failed me.  I did find info on Vermont rock which runs at about 4.5km thick.  This rock is probably similar.  Now that is solid - unless you have a major earthquake.


 Rocks, especially BIG rocks, have always attracted me.  They make me feel connected to my surroundings.  I also like the subtle colours and, so often, they have interesting designs made by the moss and lichens.


 A natural rocky path cushioned with pine needles.


 A little rock to sit on and dangle your feet in the water.


 The most fundamental building material.


Soon to be buried and perhaps rediscovered many years later.

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean! Wonderful series of photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful idea for a blog post and one which I enjoyed immensely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I particularly like the pine needles.

    ReplyDelete