Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Moths

 Every year I find moths on our house that I've never seen before.  The variety seems endless.  This one , looking so much like a dried leaf with tiny dark spots and a ragged edge, is a marvelous example of camouflage.

 Even its body looks like a rolled leaf.  Don't know what kind it is, but lots of fun to look at.


 This one is such a soft, furry grey.  It reminds me of a donkey.  Not very good camouflage!


I always like the ones that look like woodgrain.  Beautiful scalloped wing ends with a delicate little accent of white and dark grey.

2 comments:

  1. They are so pretty when you take the time to look at them! I only have issues with wax moths, who can cause lots of problems with my beehives and stored frames of wax.

    I like the donkey moth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture at the top s a maple spanworm moth.

    ReplyDelete