Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer Birdfeeder

 We have an apple tree in our backyard.  It blooms quite well but rarely makes many apples because it doesn't get enough sun and it lacks a pollinator tree nearby.  I think of it as my summer bird feeder as it always has a variety of bugs and caterpillars chewing away on its leaves, and the birds like to come and see what they can snack on.


 Usually the blossoms have quite a bit of pink on them but this year they are almost all white.  I suppose that has to do with the weather as I have noticed that other apple trees in the area have similarly white blossoms this spring.


I guess we have repurposed our tree - it is not a supplier of fruit, but a "destination" for the birds.

1 comment:

  1. The blossoms are gorgeous! Too bad you don't get fruit but at least the tree attracts birds!

    ReplyDelete