Sunday, April 12, 2015

Now Spring is Here

 Finally, beautiful warm spring weather has arrived, and it looks like the rest of the month will be more of the same.  A number of honey bees were enjoying the snowdrops.  Another smaller black bee thought I might be a flower, but, after landing on me, it came to the correct conclusion that I was not a flower.

 A young hemlock soaking up the sun.

It's a great time of year to wander in the woods - warm and no bitting bugs.


A couple of birch bark swirls.



Native sedge and vinca looking unbelievably fresh and  lively.  I think they both would have been under snow yesterday.
I put quite a few of the plants I had started inside, outside today where they get morning sun. With the temperature staying above freezing for the next while, I won't have to keep moving them in and out as I sometimes have to do at this time of year.  My hose has thawed so no more bucketing water for my horse.  Ah! Spring!!

1 comment: