Monday, December 21, 2020

It's All Up From Here

 

The shortest day of the year. My favourite and least favourite day of the year.  At last the days will be getting longer. Just a couple of weeks from now,  the sun will shine in our south facing windows and, with the light reflecting off the snow, the house will be  full of light. This is also the season for tasty oranges - full of colour, and sweet juice. If I was younger, I would say it is the season to build a snowman but now I will just remember the fun we had as children and with our children.

Tonight is also the night when Saturn and Jupiter will be in alignment. I believe this hasn't happened since 1226 or thereabouts. Our skies are cloudy so I guess I won't see it in person but I'm sure there will be photos on the internet tomorrow.

Take care everybody.

And Happy Shortest Day of the Year.

1 comment:

  1. A thick blanket of cloud here too obscuring the night skies - and the day skies too for that matter. I shall try to make the most of the extra four seconds of daylight which we're promised today!

    ReplyDelete