Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Christmas Greenery

 

I went to the grocery store intent on buying a poinsettia and was inspired by the greenery baskets at the store. I wasn't going to put up a Christmas tree but when I got home, I went out  and cut some greenery - some pine, balsam and hemlock. When I get close to the arrangement, I can get a faint whiff of the lovely balsam scent.


I did buy a poinsettia. I'm not very good at keeping them going but I will try to be a little more diligent this year.

I couldn't miss seeing all the other potted plants for sale near the poinsettias and I decided a dark pink cyclamen would brighten up the living room during the dull days of December and January.



And finally, I saw this little Christmas cactus.  I haven't had a Christmas cactus in a long time. It's a plant that is pretty easy to keep alive so hopefully it will be blooming for me next year, too.

So no lights or sparkles, but I like the idea of brightening up the house with a few new plants.

Keep well. 


 

1 comment: