Thursday, February 15, 2018

More Science and Tech

 Some more photos from the Museum of Science and Tech in Ottawa. A  large anchor perhaps used on a CP steamship.
 A snazzy old car. I love the yellowy-green colour and the wood panelling. The white-wall tires complete the look.  It's towing a small wood-panelled trailer.
 The early days of camping. Not quite your modern RV.

An amphibian car.  I guess they weren't that successful or you would still see them around.

Got a toothache?



 This is the Crazy Kitchen.  Sorry the photo is so blurry but whenever I walk through this little room, no matter how much I tell myself it's just optical illusions, I always feel woozy which is what it is supposed to do you. Quite remarkable. It has a sturdy railing to hang on to for good reason.

 Here's a model of a dog suited up for search and rescue. It even has ear protectors.  They also had a model of a horse with a fitness tracker on a collar on its neck.
The Museum has lots of other cool stuff but the lighting is often on the dark side which makes photos difficult.

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating series of finds. I remember TV features about the amphibious car but had forgotten all about them. An idea that sank without trace, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete