Monday, July 6, 2020

Veggies

We are having lots of hot sunny weather which is good for the garden.  I water it regularly. I tried a new fertilizer this year and am very happy with it.  It's Miracle Grow 24-8-16. I noticed that the tomato plants on the right of the photo have really thick strong stems and the plants are staying shorter while still blooming. The zucchinis on the left are busting out all over. Even the beets and carrots in the middle are looking healthier than usual.
Some Swiss chard that is sprouting big leaves even though it is crowded.
Five romaine lettuce squashed together in a planter pot. They are full size. I've been picking from them but they still look full although now they are starting to bolt.

Last year I used Miracle Grow pelleted fertilizer also high in nitrogen and had amazing cabbages. I wanted to get it again but  wasn't able to buy it in the spring as stock at the store was spotty due to Covid. I used to use - well, still use sometimes- Plant Prod as it has lots of micronutrients as well as the N-P-K because, until recently, Miracle Grow didn't have many micronutrients and didn't work very well. Their new formulation now has lots of micronutrients and works really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment