Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Air Plants - Tillandsia

My daughter gave me a lovely collection of air plants - Tillandsia- for Mother's Day. They are not planted in soil and can be placed anywhere as long as they get filtered bright light and good air circulation. Some people mist them, but others advise to soak them once a week for 15 mins.  I'm going with the soaking method using distilled water. Once in a while a mild solution of fertilizer can be added to the soaking water to feed them, but for the most part they are happy just to hang out.  The taller one is starting to bloom and after it flowers it will die.  However, it will probably make some "pups" which can be removed and grown on.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried growing those, though I've always rather liked them. Let us know how things progress.

    ReplyDelete