Friday, February 28, 2020

Butterflies - group shots Museum of Nature- Ottawa

 Bowls of fruit were popular with many of the butterflies

 If you click on this photo, you will see the whole image.  I counted 15 butterflies (not counting the blurry one). Perhaps there are even more.



I think I only saw one blue and white butterfly.  It looks like a pretty piece of china.


 In this photo, you can see the colour of the blue morpho when its wings are open, and the muted brown design with eyes that shows when the wings are closed.


The swallowtail butterfly on the left and the center one are very similar but not quite the same. Likely one is the female and the other the male.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic place to visit! There used to be a place like that near here which I remember visiting with children from the school where I worked, they loved it.

    ReplyDelete