Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Simple Winter Hat

I just finished a cozy sweater for my sister who is recovering from surgery and I felt like doing some quick project before I embark on something more time consuming. I had some leftover chunky light blue yarn and I paired it with some champagne mohair that has some shiny metallic threads in it. This photo makes the colours look washed out and dull
but this shot gives a pretty accurate representation of the colours and the sparkle highlights.
The hat was super quick to knit with chunky wool.  I cast on 44 stitches using 6.5 mm needles for my average size head and a snug fit. I knit 1 1/2 inches of k2p2 ribbing and then switched to stocking stitch. To shape the top, k2 together across the rows three times then thread the yard through the remaining stitches and pull tight. Sew a seam down the back and presto - a new winter hat.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours for a winter hat and it's nice knitting by the fire when it's cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy. Maybe I should take up knitting in my retirement? Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete