Saturday, February 4, 2017

First Bloom of the Year

 My spider plant gave me a surprise flower this morning.  It's probably blooming because it is stressed.  I keep it in a pretty small pot because I don't want a huge plant, and I often neglect to water it when it's dry.  The flower is only about 3/4" across but a new flower is always welcome in the winter.
They say spider plants are good at cleaning the air of pollutants but I'm guessing you would need quite a few to have any significant effect. They're cheerful plants, though, so I guess they help to clean out the mental pollutants as well.

2 comments:

  1. Your spider plant must think it is summer. They do say they are nature's air cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! We wandered through the floral section of the grocery today. In had not realized how starved for live blooming flowering plants.

    ReplyDelete