Monday, April 8, 2013

Snowdrops

Stalwart snowdrops blooming whatever the weather.
The temperature has warmed up and the snow should be gone by the end of the week, except for the big piles of snow that slid off the roof over the winter months. I'm sure I will be planting some things at the end of April as I usually do. As the snow recedes, I am seeing lots of bulb leaves that are already 3-4 " high so I don't think the crocuses and daffodils will be delayed either.
I'm hearing lots of birds in the mornings and expect to hear spring peepers any day now.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see flowers blooming. I haven't seen any in my gardens yet. Soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful to see snowdrops in the snow! A real novelty for me. How exciting it must be to see green emerging from the snow at last. Lovely Photo Jenny.

    ReplyDelete