Thursday, April 29, 2021

Spring Flowers and the bugs are waking up

When I was going through photos I took this afternoon, I was surprised how many featured some kind of bug - little wasp, little fly, bumblebee, the white trillium has some kind of nymph. I was wondering if I should just post flowers with bugs and make it a "find the bug" post but I decided to pare down the pics and so only the white trillium has a bug on it.

The brunnera in this photo has a flower very similar to a forget-me-not but its flowers are always blue - a deeper blue than forget-me-nots.  The buds are pinkish but once the flower is open they are blue.

Anyway, it's a good thing that there are lots of bugs around.  

A striking primrose I grew from seed from Thompson and Morgan years ago.  This was the only colour that lasted and it's been really tough. I am able to divide it and keep growing the patch.


I like the way the  flower veins show up in this photo.  Note the bug at the bottom.


The cowslip primrose faces down and surprisingly I never thought to look inside the flowers until today. They actually have some pretty markings inside.


The usual view.



This forget-me-not has an interesting pattern - it can't decide if it wants to be pink or blue.
 

1 comment:

  1. It's surprising how many flower pics have bugs that are not noticed till you see them on the computer. Nice to see a selection of happy flower faces on another chilly morning here.

    ReplyDelete