Friday, July 21, 2023

Watercolour Cloud Painting


 I challenged myself over the winter months to improve my cloud painting.  I watched several Youtube videos on it and after many attempts I felt this one was starting to get a feeling of fluffiness. 

For anyone who likes watercolour painting, I came across a competition - Women in Watercolour - which has some amazing paintings.  Many of them are photo realism but there were other styles as well. If you Google the name of the competition, you will get to the site and be able to view all the winners for this year and the last 3 years.  I like the fact that they had many prize winners - about 30 I think- and also made a slide show of the 160 honorable mentions. 

I found it encouraging to see so many wonderful paintings.  We get so much depressing news but these women are painting wonderful watercolours and bringing joy to people who see them.

Hope you are enjoying some hobbies these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment