Thursday, March 11, 2021

A Pair of Silly Sheep

I wanted to make a couple of little cards for two of my granddaughters.  These small pictures are based on a Youtube tutorial by Karen Rice Watercolours.  Her painting was much larger and featured five sheep.

These pictures are about 4" x 4".


It was fun doing them.  The sheep were masked out with masking tape which was removed near the end so  that I could paint them in. The sprinkled colour in the background is water colour pencil grated on an emery board over the paper. There is a bit of splatter - still haven't mastered good splatter technique. The white on the eyes was done with white gel pen. The trunks of the trees were drawn with a broken Q-tip (any stick-like tool would work) when the paint was still damp. I attempted some salting on the red part but you really need big crystalled sea salt and I only had table salt so it didn't work the way it is supposed to.

I hope people have been able to find some fun things to do in these restricted days.

Spring is coming and hopefully vaccines. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. These sheep are perfectly whimsical. I'm amazed at the techniques you've used--so well done.
    S

    ReplyDelete